- Jon Moxley defeated Ortiz with the Paradigm Shift. After the match, Santana attempted to attack Mox and ended up getting stabbed in the eye with the Ford GT car keys.
- SCU (Frankie Kazarian & Scorpio Sky) defeated Best Friends (Chuck Taylor & Trent) to stay #1 contenders and earn a tag team title shot. After the match The Dark Order attacked everyone, but when Christopher Daniels came out to save nobody attacked him and the Dark Order left.
- Yuka Sakazaki defeated Dr. Britt Baker with a roll-up. After the match Britt stomped Yuka who had her mouth on the ropes causing her to lose a tooth.
- The Butcher and The Blade and Lucha Bros. defeated The Elite when Pentagon pinned Adam Page. Hangman tweaked his knee and had the opportunity to tag out to the Young Bucks, but he refused and lost because of it.
- PAC challenged Kenny Omega to a match by threatening Riho. Kenny agreed and then PAC revealed Nyla Rose as the one who was going to attack Riho. Which she then did, powerbombing her onto a table with the contract for a title match on it.
- Kip Sabian defeated Joey Janela with a roll-up after Janela ran into Penelope Ford.
- Darby Allin sent in a video that promised revenge on the Inner Circle.
- The Young Bucks confronted Adam Page about the match and blamed his drinking for his recent attitude.
- Cody received ten lashings from MJF to complete one of the stipulations in order to get the match at AEW Revolution.
For more on last week’s AEW Dynamite, check out our new Dynamite review column: AEW Elite 8.
Announced for this week:
MJF is treating this as a match-up of two “Cody guys” as he posted this tweet about the match:
Two “Cody guys”.
Except one of them was smart enough to realize Cody is fake.
You know what isn’t fake, Jack?
That after I out wrestle you, out class you and physically harm you on @AEWrestling…
Cody won’t be there for you.
— Maxwell Jacob Friedman™️ (@The_MJF) February 10, 2020
While Jungle Boy had the great performance against Chris Jericho, this is only his second singles match in AEW. The Jurassic Express have been doing better as a unit of late with a 3-1 record (tag and trios) in 2020.
MJF has done an excellent job of not really doing any work in AEW. This is only his third match in AEW since November 27th, all wins.
Sammy Guevera defeated Dustin Rhodes on the January 1st Homecoming edition of Dynamite thanks to a lot of interference from Jake Hager and this is the rematch.
This match is a homecoming for Dustin who was born in Austin, Texas and still makes his home in the state. Things should be emotional for him and he’ll likely have the crowd behind him for this one.
The war between Moxley and the Inner Circle continues here. Last week, Mox defeated Ortiz and attacked his partner’s eye after the match. Santana demanded this match and it should be especially heated.
Moxley is yet to lose a singles match in AEW and only has one loss overall, when he walked out of the match. He’s been the best wrestler in AEW and has his last two wins with only one eye. Mox is the man.
This will be Santana’s first singles match in AEW and his first singles match since November of 2018.
A rematch of the first ever AEW Women’s Championship match and a rematch of arguably the best AEW Women’s match in company history.
Riho won that match on the first episode of Dynamite and has held onto the title since. She has been portrayed as lucky to get by Nyla Rose due to the huge size difference, but she is a very intelligent wrestler that has proven time and time again that she can find a way to win.
Since that first title match, Nyla Rose has a 6-1 record with the only loss being in a four-way title match where she did not take the pin. She has been increasingly aggressive in recent weeks and has frequently powerbombed opponents through tables.
This is a real coin-flip match as a strong case in either direction can be made for the winner.
Adam Page & Kenny Omega won the AEW World Tag Team Championship from SCU on the Jericho Cruise episode of AEW Dynamite. This is the rematch after two straight weeks of SCU grabbing wins.
As a tag team, that is the only loss for SCU in AEW thus far. They are 9-1 in tags and should be considered the favorite here.
While Omega & Page are 5-2 as a tag team and have looked strong of late, it’s hard to overlook the obvious signs of miscommunication that these two are dealing with. Their lack of being on the same page cost them against the Lucha Brothers on Dynamite #12 and then nearly cost them again against SCU in the tag title match. If they can work together, they are two of the best wrestlers in the world and should be able to get it done. That doesn’t seem like a sure thing to happen though.
The winner of this match will face the winner of a Tag Team Battle Royale next Wednesday on Dynamite at AEW Revolution for the AEW World Tag Team Championship.