AEW Dynamite Preview for March 11, 2020
This week’s AEW Dynamite comes from Salt Lake City, Utah.
Previously on AEW:
- SCU (Frankie Kazarian, Christopher Daniels & Scorpio Sky) and Colt Cabana defeated The Dark Order (Evil Uno, Stu Grayson, John Silver & Alex Reynolds).
- Big Swole defeated Leva Bates.
- Jake Roberts came out to confront Cody. He said that he has a client coming to AEW who is bringing the dark side with him and Jake will be on the outside when his client faces Cody. He finished by saying that you shouldn’t turn your back on anyone you fear or respect. He then turned his back on Cody and walked out.
- PAC defeated Chuck Taylor with the Brutalizer. After the match, Pentagon, Fenix, and PAC beat up the Best Friends crew. PAC then got on the microphone and said that the three of them would now be known as Death Triangle.
- Jake Hager defeated QT Marshall with the triangle. After the match, Hager, Santana & Ortiz beat down Marshall and then Dustin Rhodes, Cody, and Matt Jackson. This brought out Adam Page who cleaned house on the Inner Circle. He then flipped off Matt Jackson and left.
- MJF did a backstage promo talking about how he has replaced Cody as head author of AEW and that he will be the best world champion in wrestling history, challenging Moxley.
- Chris Jericho and Sammy Guevara defeated Jon Moxley and Darby Allin after Jericho hit Darby with the Judas Effect on the outside. This was really a 2-on-1 match as the Inner Circle took out Moxley before the match. After the match, the Inner Circle powerbombed Moxley off the stage.
For more on last week’s Dynamite, check out our Elite 8 Dynamite review.
We saw an official announcement that the Blood & Guts match will be 5-on-5, the Inner Circle vs. The Elite. This week we will see an official announcement of the match rules which will be interesting to see if they vary from the War Games match that Dusty Rhodes invented.
This show and this match are set to be one of the most hyped things in AEW history with the NCAA Basketball Tournament starting the week before on Turner networks which is likely to feature a ton of ad time pushing this edition of AEW Dynamite.
This will be Cody’s first match since losing to MJF at AEW Revolution. While this will only be Ortiz’s second singles match in AEW history. He wrestled Moxley on the February 5th Dynamite which was first singles match since 2016.
MJF’s loose partnership with The Butcher & The Blade is reunited here. These three last teamed at AEW Bash at the Beach when they defeated Diamond Dallas Page, Dustin Rhodes & QT Marshall.
This is a somewhat continuation of when MJF defeated Jungle Boy (with help from his Dynamite Dozen Diamond Ring) on the February 12th Dynamite. The Jurassic Express won their last trios match against the Inner Circle on the February 26th Dynamite.
Death Triangle was formed last week, but this is actually their second time wrestling as a trio as they lost to The Elite on AEW Homecoming. This will be Joey Janela’s first time teaming with Private Party.
This match was made after an altercation at the AEW Dark taping last week. That hasn’t made video yet(?) so maybe tonight on AEW Dark we’ll see what made this.
Kenny Omega is not cleared for in-ring action so Adam Page will get to choose a mystery partner for this match. This will be Omega’s fourth time in the ring across from Chris Jericho. He has never won.
Sammy Guevara & Chris Jericho have a 3-1 record as a team with two of those wins coming against teams with Adam Page on them.
The big mystery here is who Page will choose as his partner. It’s a safe bet that it won’t be either of the Young Bucks and even Cody feels unlikely after the events on Being the Elite. Jon Moxley and Darby Allin would be likely choices due to their history with these two, but there is always the element of surprise and this being a spot for a big debut.